A Solution to Personalized Cancer Care
We know that…
- While cancers are classified into general types, that no two cancers are actually the same.
- Your tumor is like your fingerprint, unique for every individual.
- When time matters most, you want options and answers.
- Quality of life is a top priority in weighing treatment options.
- Most cancer patients are looking for options that create years instead of months.
- Breakthroughs for one patient can help accelerate solutions for many.
Power of Tumor Tissue
Research has found that there is great knowledge to be gained from tumor tissue, an item previously used by pathology and then thrown away as medical waste. We now know living tumor tissue may be the key to unlocking new personalized treatment options and revelations in cancer care that were not previously available. By saving and preserving tumor tissue alive, we can offer individuals a new and important validation step to eliminate ineffective therapies and to identify effective therapies more quickly. Frozen tissue may also allow the 85 percent of patients being treated in their local communities access to leading-edge solutions that transcend geographic boundaries and can be delivered locally.